Anime Passion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Passion

!A Forum All About Anime!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nintendo 64 anyone?

Go down 
+2
cbchick
Anna-san
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna-san
Anna-san

Female Gemini Posts : 394

Nintendo 64 anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 am

Now, I know most of you remember the Nintendo 64. Heck, I had one back when I was about 5 and just now gave it up to my uncle. I wanna know if you've had one, what were your favorite games, which ones you despised, and why.

Janey and I got our first Nintendo 64 when we were about five. We had two controllers so we wouldn't absolutely DESTROY each other over who got to play. Even though we didn't have that many games, and out of the games that we did have we only beat a couple, they were still really fun. Our games included: Super Mario 64, Dr. Mario, Mario Kart, Hey you, Pikachu!, Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Snap, and Jet Force Gemini (that one had twins in it, haha) and The Legend of Zelda: The Occorina of Time. Out of them, we beat all of the pokemon games, Dr. Mario, and Mario Kart. They were all pretty good games, except Hey you, Pikachu! That one you had to buy a microphone to actually talk to pikachu. And when our microphone broke, we still tried to play it. Sad

Last edited by Anna-san on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbchick
Admin
cbchick

Female Aries Posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 am

lmfao i so had one bcak then! i had donkey kong, yoshi's story, mario tennis, 007 and i forgot what else but boy i loved those games! <33
Back to top Go down
https://animepassion.forum.st
ikaraus

ikaraus

Male Scorpio Posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:55 am

HECKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I got my Nintendo 64 when I was five yo too! Very Happy
I had these following games:

Doom 64 (Heck, I spent DAYS playing this game. It's EPIC for me)
007 Goldeneye (EPIC FPS GAME)
Blast Corps
Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Dr. Mario
Yoshi's Story
Top Gear Rally 2
Cruisin USA

And man, that thing still works! I just can't believe it. My PS2 is only 5 years old and doesn't works anymore and my 14 yo N64 is working perfectly (Well, the controllers are in a really bad shape since the joysticks aren't working properly anymore)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:05 am

OMG I loved my N64. I was almost as bad as the N64 kid when I got mine Very Happy

And 'm amongst the legions of us who could never complete ocarina of time, I still can't manage it now Razz

Diddy Kong racing
Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie
Duke Nukem 64
Ocarina of Time
Pokemon stadium, snap and hey you pikachu Razz
I'm sure there are loads of others, I have a box of like 50 games, cause games weren't ridiculously expensive back then!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 am

N64 brings back soooo many memories.
"Zelda - Ocarina Of Time" Changed me forever. MArio was good too.
Back to top Go down
the space cadet

the space cadet

Male Posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:50 am

Goldeneye 007. Me vs three friends. Countless victories. Those were the good ol' days...
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:33 am

No one had Jet Force Gemeni? It's this hilarious game where this alien ant race tries to take over the galaxy by enslaving this alien bear race that look like gerbils. xD These "galaxy protectors" called the Jet Force, try to stop them. Their team is made up of a set of boy-girl twins and a dog with a jet pack and a machine gun attached to his back. Loved it, never beat it. Sad

I failed at Ocorina of Time. I got stuck at the part where he gets the grappling hook, I think. At least, that's what I assume he's suppsoed to get. It was a great game though.
On Super Mario 64, I only had 4 stars left to get, and I COULDN'T DO IT! It was so hard that I just gave up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 am

^What part were you on in Mario 64?
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:12 am

I had 114 stars, and for some reason, (my friend might have looked it up online at the time) but I destinctly remember there only being 120 stars in the whole game. I think once you hit 100 stars it goes to credits or something. Not too sure. I couldn't get the star where you had to race Koopa the Quick the second time. He was too damn fast. There were three other stars I couldn't get, but I don't remember the mission that they were for.
Back to top Go down
ikaraus

ikaraus

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 am

I got all 120 stars and beated both Legend of Zeldas (this was on Project64)... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

Female Gemini Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:32 am

*sigh*
I miss the old days. No confusing consoles or boring game plots. Just simple fun...sort of XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.animetake.com/forums/members/janey-chan.html

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

Anna-san wrote:
I had 114 stars, and for some reason, (my friend might have looked it up online at the time) but I destinctly remember there only being 120 stars in the whole game. I think once you hit 100 stars it goes to credits or something. Not too sure. I couldn't get the star where you had to race Koopa the Quick the second time. He was too damn fast. There were three other stars I couldn't get, but I don't remember the mission that they were for.

There was a secret where you could go up to the top of the castle by using a cannon outside. I got like a lot of starts when I went up there, maybe thats where the other stars come in im not sure Nintendo 64 anyone? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
ikaraus

ikaraus

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 am

If you get 120 stars you can go to the top of the castle and get 99 lives from Yoshi. And that's it (quite dissapointing if you think on how much effort you have to put to unlock that bloody hell cannon)
Back to top Go down
Mal
Admin
Mal

Female Aries Posts : 803

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Uh, I totally STILL have my N64 and it's totally in my dorm room at school. XDDD Haven't played it much since school started but hey it's there for when I get bored. There some badass games!

Favs:

Mario Kart
Ocarina of Time
Perfect Dark
Turok 2 & Rage Wars
Mario Tennis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I wouldn't say that there are no good games nowadays, however there were definitely more of them back in the N64's day.
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm

There was this game we would rent at an old video shop near where my grandparents lived. We used to beg our dad to take us there. We would love to rent Smash Bros and Pokemon Stadium. You guys have played those right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Of course, I have both of them. And damn! Renting video games! That brings back memories. That was more mega drive games I rented than N64 though. Smash bros was epic. I still have original, and the sequels for gamecube and wii also.
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Since my mom gave my N64 away about 2 months ago while I was at school while she was packing to move, I don't have any of them anymore. Sad
We also own a Gamecube Very Happy We've got Smash Bros for that one too. Along with a few other games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

OCARINA OF TIME + Link on smash bros! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nintendo 64 anyone? Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 am

I think I was Yoshi on the first Smash Bros...I liked its tail. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 am

F-Zero was pretty sweet on the N64 Nintendo 64 anyone? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 64 anyone?   Nintendo 64 anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 64 anyone?
Page 1 of 1