Anime Passion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Passion

!A Forum All About Anime!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Book?

Go down 
+4
MiharuEndoh
Phoenix44
Mal
Janey-chan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

Female Gemini Posts : 222

Your Favorite Book? Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:15 am

So I just was wondering what your favorite books were, author, series, genres, etc. etc.
Post away! Very Happy

I guess my favorite series would have to be Maximum Ride. Awesome amazing series. Second favorite is probably the Uglies saga. Oh and I love Scott Westerfeld XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.animetake.com/forums/members/janey-chan.html
Mal
Admin
Mal

Female Aries Posts : 803

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:01 am

Lord of the Rings will always be my favorite books. Totally epic.
Harry Potter is also awesome.
Twilight saga
Chronicles of Narnia
Back to top Go down
Phoenix44

Phoenix44

Male Taurus Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 am

I honestly dont read much but I just finished Dante's Inferno and it has been my favorite...even though my collection of books read is very little.
Back to top Go down
MiharuEndoh

MiharuEndoh

Female Leo Posts : 679
Location : Edge of the Universe... beyond the Darkness where antimatter meets matter and everything goes BUM :)

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:27 am

OOHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmpp...... harddd!!! Veryy hard to pick a book from all the great literature!!!!

I`ll chose The Lady of the Camellias (La Dame aux camélias) by Alexandre Dumas the son for the best feelings of love I`ve ever seen/read and the most dramatic romance... what can I say... amaizing story, which by the way I an see it`s almost a biography, great protagonist with great potential and... interesting main ideea into wrote into a novel.. Smile

Then, would be OF COURSE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!! YES!!! :X What can I say about it... A WONDERFULL STORY!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone knows about it. Smile

Eto... yes, Pride and Prejudice by the Jane Austen and I think the title says everything Smile

Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa.. if someone doesn`t understand the way of a samurai.. I strongly recomand this book!! Japanese culture... all the sacrifices that a samurai does to archieves his goal... *sigh* They are so serious in everything what they do... that`s for real.

Does someone read Agatha Christie books? Very Happy Or saw the TV series.. Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple... funny ones... and indeed full of misteries.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 am

Harry Potter...eh. I was into it when I was about 10 or 11 and me and Anna went to the movies, at least the first three. But I stopped at the fifth book and then someone told me that Harry died and then I just gave up TT.TT

And honestly I've never read any of the Lord of The Rings books. I know they're super long and supposedly really complicated and all that but I've never been much into witchcraft (except for my Harry Potter phase X3)

Oh and I also love Ellen Hopkins!! She's awesome! From her's I've read Glass, Identical, Crank, Burned, and Impulse.
From Scott Westerfeld (awesomeness!!) I've read:
Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras, Peeps (awesome twist on vampires), and So Yesterday. I love his books!! Okay I'm done fangirling now X3
Back to top Go down
MiharuEndoh

MiharuEndoh

Location : Edge of the Universe... beyond the Darkness where antimatter meets matter and everything goes BUM :)

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:51 am

JANEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARRY WON`T DIE... at least.... JUST READ THE BOOK!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You stoped when it was getting better and better!!!!!! Girl!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mal
Admin
Mal

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 3:09 am

I was about to say....Harry definitely does NOT die! Everyone would hate Harry Potter if they killed off the main character! I actually still havent read the last one but my brother and sister both have and a lot of my friends.

And you really should give lord of the rings a shot. I mean, they're just epic! The first time I read it it took me a while to get through it because it's true that the language is sometimes hard to understand but since you're older than I was when I first read it I'm sure you'll be fine. xD
Back to top Go down
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 am

Oh....
I'll have to talk to my friend about that then....Very Happy. My firend Breanna was like "If he doesnt die in the end then he's not a true hero" XD I couldnt help but laugh. So...if he doesnt die...does anyone else die like Ron or Hermione? >.> that wold suck :/

I might. I've recently been looking for some new reading material. Even though I'm not donme with Scott Westerfeld's books, its good to take a break from the same author. Smile
Okay so whats the first book? Is it the Twin Towers (that was the name right?) XD Wow I epicly suck
Back to top Go down
Teckniec

Teckniec

Male Taurus Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm

I don't read much but I liked the grapes of wrath. I read in school it was one of the few books that doesn't jump around a piss me off like the great gatsby and others.
Back to top Go down
MiharuEndoh

MiharuEndoh

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Janey-chan wrote:
Oh....
I'll have to talk to my friend about that then....Very Happy. My firend Breanna was like "If he doesnt die in the end then he's not a true hero" XD I couldnt help but laugh. So...if he doesnt die...does anyone else die like Ron or Hermione? >.> that wold suck :/

I might. I've recently been looking for some new reading material. Even though I'm not donme with Scott Westerfeld's books, its good to take a break from the same author. Smile
Okay so whats the first book? Is it the Twin Towers (that was the name right?) XD Wow I epicly suck

JANEY!!!!! Very Happy

Just read it!!! Don`t worry... the good ones never DIE! Smile
AND MAL YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mal
Admin
Mal

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:03 am

Janey-chan wrote:
Oh....
I'll have to talk to my friend about that then....Your Favorite Book? Icon_biggrin. My firend Breanna was like "If he doesnt die in the end then he's not a true hero" XD I couldnt help but laugh. So...if he doesnt die...does anyone else die like Ron or Hermione? >.> that wold suck :/

I might. I've recently been looking for some new reading material. Even though I'm not donme with Scott Westerfeld's books, its good to take a break from the same author. Your Favorite Book? Icon_smile

Nah, I'm pretty sure neither of them die either....I would be so pissed if they killed off Ron. I love him! D:

And the first one is The Fellowship of the Ring, then Two Towers, and lastly Return of the King. Also, if you want something shorter and it's also the prequel to Lord of the Rings, I would suggest reading The Hobbit. It's REALLY good, I've read it like 6 times, no lie. xD
Back to top Go down
Anna-san
Anna-san

Female Gemini Posts : 394

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:49 am

Anyone read When the Wind Blows or The Lakehouse? Epic books about kids with wings! It's sad when Oz dies though. Sad He's like THE sexiest character! He's so troubled and sad you just wanna pinch his cheeks. :]
Back to top Go down
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

Mal wrote:
Janey-chan wrote:
Oh....
I'll have to talk to my friend about that then....Your Favorite Book? Icon_biggrin. My firend Breanna was like "If he doesnt die in the end then he's not a true hero" XD I couldnt help but laugh. So...if he doesnt die...does anyone else die like Ron or Hermione? >.> that wold suck :/

I might. I've recently been looking for some new reading material. Even though I'm not donme with Scott Westerfeld's books, its good to take a break from the same author. Your Favorite Book? Icon_smile

Nah, I'm pretty sure neither of them die either....I would be so pissed if they killed off Ron. I love him! D:

And the first one is The Fellowship of the Ring, then Two Towers, and lastly Return of the King. Also, if you want something shorter and it's also the prequel to Lord of the Rings, I would suggest reading The Hobbit. It's REALLY good, I've read it like 6 times, no lie. xD

So the "shorter" one is probably like 800 pages or something XD Sorry Mally-chan I'll stop being so negative and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tai Cloud

Tai Cloud

Male Gemini Posts : 107
Location : ummm. Inside the greymatter called my centeral Processor

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:13 am

well besides me hating books in Poem form. I read the shanarra series great epic battle, imagery and much more even a progression through years. have to read theres like 16 bookc start with Sword of Shanarra
Back to top Go down
Janey-chan
Janey-chan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 am

I dont get why you hate her books!! There really good! Them being in poem form makes it more interesting! XP
Back to top Go down
Phoenix44

Phoenix44

Male Taurus Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:30 am

Teckniec wrote:
I don't read much but I liked the grapes of wrath. I read in school it was one of the few books that doesn't jump around a piss me off like the great gatsby and others.

Dawg, I read all those books in school too. Grapes of Wrath and Great Gatsby were the ones I liked the most...but still dont like reading much.
Back to top Go down
the space cadet

the space cadet

Male Posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:40 am

I really don't read books anymore... and I don't really have a favorite book... but I do know that Micheal Crichton is my fav author, and his book "Jurassic Park" is the only book I've read twice, and another of his, "Sphere" is the only book I finished in two days.
So I guess those are both pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Book?   Your Favorite Book? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Book?
Page 1 of 1